Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Duck, Duck, Goose!


Happy First Birthday, Annie! The big family fete was postponed due to a blizzard in Michigan, but that didn't keep our party girl from enjoying her day. We had scrambled eggs and French toast for breakfast, which is the first meal mommy ate (read: inhaled) after giving birth to Anne on that lovely, sunshiney Saturday morning. Perhaps this will become a birthday tradition. French toast plus syrup added to duckie smash cupcake minus nap equals one crazy birthday girl. We finally got her to rest by taking a ride in the car at about 4pm, alloting her exactly one hour of beauty sleep before her first-ever, official birthday party. Friends Sally, Caden, and Georgia brought their mommies over for pizza and cupcakes. No one warned Anne that the pizza guy would make a showing, and when she saw him she shrieked in fright, which is not at all typical for our growly tough girl. Other than that, the party was a complete success. I had to whisk Anne away from the duckie decorations in order to keep them intact for any length of time. If it's yellow and it quacks, it belongs to her! The party guests were too small for sweet treats, so they were instead sent home with a little duckie favor bag of Miracle Bubbles, duck tissue, and festive washcloth. Anne and her friends are also a bit young to play party games, so we just let them wander into each other on the family room floor and snitch toys. I once feared Anne would never learn to enjoy an old fashioned game of Duck, Duck, Goose. Quack happy and duck devoted, I pictured my little girl traipsing round and round a circle of disgruntled playmates, tapping their heads happily one after another: "Duck, duck, duck, duck..." I feared she would never goose anyone! Until today. Not once, but twice, as I leaned over to pull on a pair of running pants, I felt her chubby, little hand reach up from behind me and grab a pinch of my derriere. GOOSE!

1 Comments:

At 8:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had lots of fun at your birthday party, Anne! I hope you don't mind if my mommy borrows some of your party pictures for my website!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home